What we provide…
We supply the chartered fishing boat and Guide, including all the equipment for fishing (Downriggers, rods/reels, tackle, bait, and fish bags). Once we are back at the dock, we include cleaning & bagging of your fish for transport.
You need to bring…
- You need a printed paper- tidal waters fishing license (British Columbia) +Salmon Conservation Stamp, for each person that will be fishing.
- Food and beverages
- Suitable clothing and footwear for warm, cool, windy or wet conditions. The weather can change quickly here so we highly recommend that you be prepared for all weather possibilities.
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Motion sickness med’s (if needed)
- Please no extra large coolers / Marine coolers onboard
What to expect…
- Having fun and enjoying the experience is what it’s all about! It’s your choice of how we spend the day. We can focus on Salmon or Halibut fishing, bottom fishing for Rockfish and Lingcod, go sightseeing for Whales, Sealions, Porpoises, Eagles and other wildlife, or do it all! We can also drop Crab traps and pick them up at the end of the day! Just let us know what time you would like to start, usually 7am or earlier if you choose. Keep in mind that day charters are 10 hours total, and we need to be back in the marina and finished by 5:00pm.
- We will clean and bag your fish for transport. If you want to have your fish processed, Rupert Meats and Dolly’s fish market in Prince Rupert offers professional fish processing, vacuum sealing and flash freezing at reasonable prices.
Families with children are welcome!
Children ages: This outdoor/adventure activity has inherent risks and children passengers must be of an age that makes them capable of following instructions and physically able to help themselves in case of an emergency.
Safety is our first priority…period! If the marine conditions are poor or if we assess that it isn’t totally safe to go out, we will cancel the charter for that day. We will re-schedule for another day or refund your payment or deposit.
- As your Captains and Guides, Darren, Alan and Sean are fully trained and certified in Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP), Marine Emergency duties (MED-A3), Radio Operator (ROC-M) and Marine First Aid.
- Safe boats! We operate 3 midsize 24 foot Hewescraft Sportfishing boats. These boats are built above industry standards with heavy gauge welded aluminum. They also have built-in foam flotation, making them unsinkable even when fully loaded! Both boats are well equipped with all required Transport Canada safety gear, solas lifejackets, children’s lifejackets and comfortable inflatable PFD’s.