What we provide…
We supply the chartered fishing boat and Guide, including all the equipment for fishing (Downriggers, rods/reels, tackle, bait, and fish bags). Once we are back on the dock we’ll clean & fillet your fish and bag it for you.
You need to bring…
- You need a printed paper license to fish tidal (salt) waters in BC, for each person that will be fishing.
- Food and beverages
- Suitable clothing and footwear for warm, cool, windy or wet conditions. The weather can change quickly here on the island and off-shore, we highly recommend that you should be prepared for all weather possibilities.
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Motion sickness med’s (if needed)
Children are welcome!
Ages: This outdoor/adventure activity has inherent risks and children passengers must be of a age that makes them capable of following instructions and physically able to help themselves in case of an emergency.
“Sport fishing has always been my passion for as long as I can remember…and I haven’t lost it, I still get a big rush when a good fish gets hooked and played…even if I’m not on the reel!”
With over 30 years of Pacific coastal saltwater and river fishing experience from the San Juan islands to Bamfield & Ucluelet on Vancouver island to coastal northern BC, including fishing the local waters of the Queen Charlotte’s since 2003.
Some of the best fish caught by me or my guests are…
- Chinook (Tyee) 62 lbs
- Coho 24 lbs
- Many “barndoor” size Halibut
- Lingcod 47 lbs
- Steelhead 28 lbs
Our boat is a 2013 Hewscraft 24′ welded aluminum, it has a roomy fishing deck and a hardtop cabin…warm & dry, with large windows all around so you don’t miss the action when getting out of the weather. It’s very safe, manufactured with intigrated foam flotation, making it unsinkable. It’s fully equipped with all transport Canada approved safety gear and Solas lifejackets. It also has new global positioning electronics, DSC/distress VHF radio, 4g Radar and structurescan sonar.
- Scotty electric downriggers
- Top quality Gamakatsu hooks, Premium mono or braided lines and top brand tackle.
- For salmon we offer a choice of 9′ Shimano trolling rod/ Ambassadeur 7000C3 level wind reel combo (very easy and ideal for beginners) or 10 1/2′ Fenwick mooching rod/ Islander MR3 reel combo. Both have Berkley big game mono line, ideal for hard pulling big Chinook Salmon or those feisty acrobatic Coho’s.
- For bottom fish we use Penn rod/ reel combo’s & 100lb test braided line that can handle even the biggest Halibut.
- As your Captain and Guide, I’m fully trained and certified in Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP), Marine Emergency duties (MED-A3), Radio Operator (ROC-M) and Marine First Aid.
- Safety is my first priority…period! If the marine conditions are poor or if I assess that it isn’t totally safe to go out, I will cancel the charter for that day. I will re-schedule for another day or refund your payment or deposit.
- Having fun and enjoying the experience is next! It’s your choice of how we spend the day. We can focus on Salmon or Halibut fishing, Bottom Fishing for rockfish and lingcod, go sightseeing for whales, sealions, seals, eagles and other wildlife, or do it all! Just let me know what time you would like to start, usually 6 or 7am. Keep in mind that day charters are 9 – 10 hours, and we need to be back in the Harbour by 5:00pm.
- I’ll clean, fillet and bag your fish. If you prefer, Dollys fish market in Prince Rupert or CB Island fisheries in Masset offers professional fish processing, vacuum sealed and flash frozen at very reasonable prices.