Hewescraft Oceanpro and Hewescraft Alaskan
Fishing charter captains in the Northwest make the Ocean Pro’s and Alaskan’s their midsize boat of choice. The single-piece, seven-foot-wide, all-welded aluminum hull offers perfect balance on a journey to the big-water fishing spot. The roomy fishing decks and high sides are ideal for numerous fishermen, young and old. If weather moves in, the enclosed, all-welded, hard-top cabin provides comfortable cover out of the wind and the rain. These boats are truly fishing machines!
- The “Hoochie Mama” is a well maintained 2013 Hewescraft 220 Oceanpro welded aluminum boat with Yamaha 4-stroke outboards that are quiet, dependable and clean burning.
- The “Chinookie” is a absolute fishing machine! A 2003 Hewescraft Alaskan welded aluminum boat with Honda and Yamaha 4-stroke outboards.
- Both our boats are 24 footers with 8 1/2 foot beams.
- Fully equipped with all TC required safety gear
- 2017 Simrad 4G radar/ chartplotter GPS with Totalscan sonar/fishfinder
- Back-up Garmin GPS chartplotter and fishfinder
- Scotty electric downriggers
- Flushing marine toilet with a privacy curtain
- We offer a choice of 9′ and 10 1/2′ Shimano or Fenwick trolling and mooching rods with Islander MR3 or Trophy Tyee QR mooching reels and Ambassadeur 7000C3 levelwind reels, all ideal for hard pulling big Chinook Salmon or those feisty acrobatic Coho’s.
- Bottom fish with Penn rod/reel combo’s & 100lb test line that can handle even the biggest Halibut.
🔹️Guide and owner, Darren Pearson.
“Sport fishing has always been my passion for as long as I can remember…and I haven’t lost it, I still get a big rush when a good fish gets hooked and played…even if I’m not on the reel!”
With over 30 years of Pacific coastal saltwater and river fishing experience from the San Juan islands to Bamfield & Ucluelet on Vancouver island to coastal northern BC, including fishing the local waters of Prince Rupert and the Queen Charlotte’s since 2000.
🔹️Pro Guide, Alan Jarvis
As an avid outdoorsman I am passionate about fishing, whether its fresh or salt water I love pursuing fish and look forward to sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm with my guests and family. After 5 years of exploring the Portland Inlet I began to search out the Prince Rupert area with a good friend and charter captain. With a strong safety and risk management background I am excited to be joining the Wildfish Charter crew.