What we provide…
We supply the chartered fishing boat and Guide, including all the equipment for fishing (Downriggers, rods/reels, tackle, bait, and fish bags). Once we are back on the dock we’ll clean & fillet your fish and bag it for you.
You need to bring…
- You need a printed paper license to fish tidal (salt) waters in BC, for each person that will be fishing.
- Food and beverages
- Suitable clothing and footwear for warm, cool, windy or wet conditions. The weather can change quickly here on the island and off-shore, we highly recommend that you should be prepared for all weather possibilities.
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Motion sickness med’s (if needed)
Children are welcome!
Ages: This outdoor/adventure activity has inherent risks and children passengers must be of a age that makes them capable of following instructions and physically able to help themselves in case of an emergency.
- As your Captains and Guides, we’re fully trained and certified in Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP), Marine Emergency duties (MED-A3), Radio Operator (ROC-M) and Marine First Aid.
- Safety is our first priority…period! If the marine conditions are poor or if we assess that it isn’t totally safe to go out, we will cancel the charter for that day. We will re-schedule for another day or refund your payment or deposit.
- Having fun and enjoying the experience is next! It’s your choice of how we spend the day. We can focus on Salmon or Halibut fishing, Bottom Fishing for rockfish and lingcod, go sightseeing for whales, sealions, seals, eagles and other wildlife, or do it all! Just let me know what time you would like to start, usually 6 or 7am. Keep in mind that day charters are 10-11 hours, and we need to be back in the Harbour by 5:00pm.
- We will clean, fillet and bag your fish. If you prefer, Dollys fish market in Prince Rupert or CB Island fisheries in Masset offers professional fish processing, vacuum sealed and flash frozen at very reasonable prices.